What each goal's status means
As goals are being created and achieved, you may wonder what the various goal statuses mean. Goal statuses are highly dependent on three variables:
- The goal's start date
- The goal's end date
- The goal's progress, or percent complete
Based on these variables, there are five different statuses for a goal:
- Draft: If a goal is in Draft status, that means it has no end date set yet. All goals without end dates are in Draft status.
Tip: To move your goal out of Drafts, assign it an end date! You can always update this later if you need to.
- Upcoming: If a goal has an end date set, but it hasn't yet reached the start date for the goal, then the status will be Upcoming. If you don't set a start date for your goal, but you do set an end date, then the start date will automatically default to today's date.
- Active: Active goals are goals that are in progress and actively being worked on. That means that it's between the specified start and end dates and that the goal's owner hasn't marked it complete yet.
- Completed: A status of Completed means you've reached your goal early – congratulations! These are goals that have reached 100% progress but have not yet reached their end date.
- Past: Once a goal's end date is reached, the goal moves into Past status. This means that the goal has ended. At this point, we'll capture the final progress for that goal as a percent complete.